Monday, June 30, 2008

Worn OUT...

I had a great weekend but was ready for it to be over with. I am worn completely out. We had our annul Pendley Picnic this weekend.

Friday after me, Emily, and Kelsey got our toes done we headed to mom and dad's. We all sat around down at the river and played with Mackenzie and talked. Garrett and some of them played some horse shoes. It was about 11pm when Mackenzie started getting sleepy so me and her went up to mom and dad's house. We laid on the couch and went to sleep. Christon and Becca came up about 12 and got us. I got home and went straight to bed.

Saturday we got up and went to mom and dad's for the cook out. When we got there we had to wait a lil bit for the potatoes to get done but they were worth the wait. I think I ate at least 6 times that day. But who is counting anyways...hey the doc wanted me to gain some weight so I am...LOL. We had a great time. I got to see some family that I hadn't seen in a while and visit with them. Mom had gotten a swing for the kids and we hung that up and Mackenzie had a blast in it. She laughed so hard she got the heak-ups. Becca got some great pics of the Carson, Mackenzie and Riah together. I will try to get some from her and post on here soon. We got home about 1am Sunday.

Sunday we didn't role over until 12 and that was b/c Jason called needing something from Christon. We got up and got dressed and went back to mom and dad's to eat and help clean up. There wasn't much pork left so dad put some hot dogs on the grill. We all wanted some more potatoes so Christon got the fire going again and put some in. They were great. We got everything loaded up and took it to the house. After helping mom unload everything we went home. We took Kelsey home on our way through. My butt was in bed early last night.

Friday Tiffany called me to let me know that they have finally found out what was wrong with her Aunt Suzie. She has been diagnosed with cancer. Everyone is taking it hard and are still in shock. She has been sick for almost a year now and they couldn't find anything. After losing almost 50lb, see one doctor after another and a few nights stay in the hospital, they sent her to Louisville and found the problem. She has 2 large tumors behind her pancreas. They really don't know a lot about it right now. They are running more test today. They do know that it can't be removed surgically so she started chemo on Saturday. When I know something new I will update. Please keep the Hunt family in your prayers. Also remember the friends and family of Dakota Tyree. They will be lying him to rest on Tue.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I am looking forward to the Catfish Festival, Mackenzie, Riah and Carson are in the baby pageants. Hope to see everyone out there.

2 comments:

The Belchers said...

Don't you hate it that the girls have to compete against one another:( I hate it that Tinslea and Maeleigh do, and will always have to!!

Laurie Keen said...

oh my gosh i realized on Sunday that Saturday was your all's cookout. we were wanting to come too. We did Carson's pictures on Sunday and Morgan was talking about it and i about died. I was like WHAT. So i am so sorry we didn't make it.

i am like Jonnica I hate that they all have to compete! Hey Cayden is in it too! lets hope he does good!!! So the whole gang will be there.....i am glad i know all these babies...makes it even better!