Monday, July 14, 2008

A Sunday from HELL!!!!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was going great until Sunday.



Saturday Bubby brought Mackenzie to the house about 6:30 that morning. Him and Becca both had to work. I fed her a bottle and she went back to sleep. She woke me up about 2 hours later. I was hoping she would go back to sleep but she wouldn't have it. We got up, I changed her and she was ready to eat about 30 min later. She had her some apples and cherries and I fixed me and Christon blue berry muffins. After we got done eating I cleaned up the mess and lil mac and she played in the floor for awhile. After she took a nap we all got ready and when to see Bubby at work. She was so happy to see her daddy. We left there and went to see Christon's mom and dad. We visited with them most of the day. I went got lunch for all of us at KFC. After eating me and lil mac laid down and took a nap. We left there about 6pm. We took lil mac home after leaving there. We watched a movie with Bubby and got home about 11pm.


Sunday we get up early b/c I need to be at the hospital by 9am. The sooner they get me started on the iron the sooner we could go home. It takes all day to get it b/c they have to give so slow. We get there at 9:45 and I get registered and they take me back. They come in and start my IV. I am sitting back there for a lil bit and the nurse comes in to tell me that we are just waiting on the iron to get there to start. I just sit there and watch tv and finally Christon comes back there and bring me some chips to eat. We hadn't eaten breakfast yet. The nurse then comes back in to tell me that they may be moving me to OB so I could be put on a fetal monitor. Which was fine with me. I would be in a more comfortable bed and they could monitor the baby also. Dr. Beverly calls them back to tell them that I can't be put on a fetal monitor at 19 wks b/c the baby is so small that the monitor wouldn't be able to keep up with it with all the room it has to move. Now that we know that we are staying there we are trying to decide what we want to eat. Then the nurse comes back in to read me off the risks of the iron. Like I didn't already know these things. All of my doctors and I had already went over these a million times and decided that it was worth the risk. So she tries to explain to me everything that I already know. By this time I am stressed out and break down crying, one b/c I am pissed, two I am tired and have already been there for almost 2 hours and three I have explained my reason's for having this a million times to this woman and she keeps asking the same question. About 30 min later she returns to tell me that I can't have my iron, b/c she doesn't feel comfortable giving it to me. The thing is even if a doctor writes you orders for something and the nurse doesn't want to sign off on it you can't receive it no matter what the doctor says. So she tells me that she has spoken to both Dr. Beverly and Dr. Gover (he wrote the orders) and tells me that they said that I had to get an order from my OB doctor in Vandy and Dr. Beverly has to sign off on it before I can receive it. Also she continues to tell me that she can't promise that a nurse in that hospital will sign off on it. Needless to say I was infuriated. Remember they have already started my IV (obviously for NO REASON) so she had to take that out. I walk out of there even more stressed out than I already was, with a very pissed off husband which makes everything else just smell like roses. I call mom crying and she is just as mad as Christon was.

So we go on into BG to get something to eat. To make me feel better he took me to Long Horn Steak house. I really wanted Red Lobster but he had been having stomach problems earlier that morning and didn't want to upset it. After eating we ran to Home Depot for him to get a something for his trailer. Then we went over to Toys R Us I wanted to look and see if they had baby stuff b/c that is were his mom wants me to register at for some reason. His dad called to see if he wanted to go and look at this car he is wanting to buy. Then Christon decided that he wanted to go a head and get his GPS system he had been wanting. We went and looked at Wal-mart, Best Buy, and H H Gregg. He found the one that he had been waiting to come out since earlier this year. So he bought that one. After that lil adventure we headed back to Morgantown. We stopped at Garcia's to talk to Bubby and Becca and then went on home. We watched drag racing and Army Wives while I shopped online for a few baby things just to get some ideas on what I might want. Then I went to bed.

Today I woke up with a bad nose bleed. And that is exactly what I needed on top of everything else. I got to work and called Dr. Beverly' s office first thing. He was in surgery this morning so I told the nurse what had happened yesterday and I asked her what I needed to do. She said that she would speak with the doc and call me back. I spoke with her about 2pm and she said that Dr. Beverly is not happy at all about what happened yesterday and that him and Dr. Gover will work this out. She said that she had spoken too the director of nursing at the hospital and everything will be worked out soon. She is hoping I will be able to get my iron sometime this week.

Well I hope everyone had a better weekend than I did. I am praying that I have a better rest of the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there.....Thinking of you and Zeek ;-)

Anonymous said...

Stay strong! I will be praying for you guys!

Book Worm said...

I'm sorry Brandy, I will pray for you and your little bun... hope all is resolved soon.
I was able to see my little bun last week and hear the heart beat. All is well! Love you, Leigh

DJ and Jill said...

Yuck!! Sorry you had to go through that. What time do you go Thursday to do it all over? I'll be in BG Thursday morning myself.