Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy Hump Day!!!

Well the weekend is getting closer everyday.

Yesterday I went to yet another doctors appointment. I had to go see the Pulmonary doc, Dr. Thompson, yesterday. I really didn't learn anything from him. But he is going to get with Dr. Beverly to see what we need to do. The only way to know if I have an AVM in my lungs is to do an x-ray. Dr. Thompson isn't sure if we should do an x-ray now or wait until I am further along. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I just don't want to have one now and then another later. Even though the baby will be covered with a lead shield the baby is still exposed to some radiation. So the fewer x-rays the better. I am to call Dr. Thompson next week to follow up with him.
After I got back home from BG I called Dr. Gover to see if he would change my orders to one unit of blood other than iron. Andrea called me back and said he don't feel comfortable giving me blood. So after I spoke with her I called Dr. Beverly to see what I should do. He assured me that the iron is very safe and that I would benefit from it more than I would from just a unit of blood. So after his reassurance I have decided to go this weekend to get the iron. So hopefully a few days after I get that I will be feeling a lot better.
Christon got home from work and wanted to work on the pool but realized that Deadliest Catch was coming on in about an hour and he wouldn't have time. He did add some chemicals to the pool so we will be able to work on it this afternoon. He came in to take his shower while I cooked us some supper. We ate and watched tv and I was in bed about 10:30, but didn't go to sleep until about 11:30.
I am having trouble sleeping already and I am only 18 wks along. I am a back or belly sleeper. It hurts my belly to sleep on my belly and your not suppose to sleep on you back. So I am just having a terrible time sleeping at night. I think if I had the whole bed to my self it would be better. I told Christon I was going to move to the back room but he has to get some things out of there before I can. Hopefully I can get use to sleeping on my side soon.

I spoke with Jessica this morning and she said Suzie is doing well. She started chemo yesterday and seemed to do well with it. They gave her something to help her sleep and she is resting better now. If she does well with her next treatment she will be able to come home and continue her treatments in Bowling Green. She will have to return to Louisville every so often but it will be better for her and the family for her to be home. So continue to pray for her and her family.

Well hope everyone has great rest of the week. Hopefully this humidity will go down were we can enjoy our weekend. Everyone remember all those in need of prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I am thinking aobut you, I know how hard it for your pregnancy to be miserable...Hopefully it will get better, if you need inspiration-CAll ME!