Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas.....

This holiday season was one of the busiest but the best.
We celebrated Christmas with my mom’s family at my mom and dad’s house the Saturday before Christmas. We have a large family and I think everyone was able to make it other than Leigh and David, she was on bed rest and not able to come. It was great being able to visit with everyone since I wasn’t able to go to Thanksgiving dinner due to the stomach virus. Everyone was excited to see Kentin, we didn’t even make it all the way in the door with him before they took him from me. I was excited that everyone got to see him.
Our next round of dinners started on Christmas eve. We went to my Paw’s for my dad’s family dinner. Even with all the Christmas cheer it was still depressing without Maw there. We still stuck with all of our traditions, everyone waiting on Rita to eat, then starting with out her, eating way to much, opening gifts, then the rush to get ready for church. Bubby and Christon skipped out on church to go over to mom’s and put her chair together that we got her. After church we went back to Paw’s and ate some more. We sat around and talked about playing cards but never did…lol. We left and headed to mom and dad’s. We stayed there that night, there was no since in us going home b/c we had to be back there the next morning to open gifts with them.
Christmas morning we go up around 9am and mom started breakfast. Bubby and Becca came in not long after. They opened gifts at home before coming over. Bubby got Becca a real pretty ring. Lil mac got all kinds of toys and clothes. Paw and Uncle Steve joined us for breakfast. Mom had eggs, bacon, sausage, biskets, gravy, and all kinds of home made jellies. Needless to say I ate way too much again. After breakfast we opened gifts. Emily got a cell phone, clothes, and money. Mom and dad got all the grandkids saving accounts and us money. Christon got me the griddle and mixer I had been wanting. He got nothing from me, b/c he wasn’t to get me anything to start with. After opening gifts we watched a movie, “Wanted”. Then the guys went down stairs and played pool while me, Becca and Karen played cards. Later that night the guys got a really good pool tournament going and we all ended up down stairs with them. We left around 9pm, Christon’s nephew and his wife were coming in for Christmas and they were staying with us and were almost to the house. We visited with them for a while and went to bed.
We had dinner at Christon’s mom’s on Friday. Christon had to work so I decided that I would just wait for him to get off work to go over there. Daniel and Magen were going to go a head and get ready and go on to Shirl and Arvis’. As they were getting ready Christon’s sister called and wanted us to come on over so she could see Kentin. Reluctantly I got ready and went on over there. I got to see Christon’s sister Madonna that I hadn’t seen in over a year, so we got to catch up on all the latest gossip. We ate dinner after Christon got there then opened gifts. Christon’s mom made us all quilts and pillows. Kentin got something from everyone, he go a piggy bank w/ his first dollar from Christon’s parents. We got home late and went to bed.
Kentin is waking up and is going to be hungry so I will tell everyone about our New Years Eve at a later date, gotta feed my boy.

2 comments:

DJ and Jill said...

I love the new name of your blog!! lol

Anonymous said...

Brandy, What a cutie!!! There is nothing more wonderful. Call or email me if you need anything at all. I need to come over and see that boy!