Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kentin Riley's Arrival.....

Ok so it has been awhile. So get ready to read a long post.
Well we got to the hospital on Dec 8th at about 8:30/9pm. They got us back into labor and delivery a lil after 9. Once they got us settled into a room they started my IV. The first one blew so she had to stick me again. The first one left a terrible bruise that just now went away. While waiting on the doctor to come in to give me the medicine to thin out my cervix they came in to go over the epidural and told me that when ever I wanted it just to let them know. He said that they could start it right then but I had no pain and just wanted to sleep. After starting the thinning medicine they gave me an ambian to help me sleep. I don’t remember much until about 5:30am when I started hurting. I called for the nurse and she said she could give me something for my pain or I could get my epidural. I choose the epidural. When they set me up in the bed to start the epidural my water broke. After getting it I went back to sleep. They came in every few hours to check me. I was able to get to 6 cm before they started the patoecin drip.
Mom, Ainie, Uncle Gary, Emily, Laurie and Momma Carol got there sometime that morning. Anine and Uncle Gary didn’t stay long (well they could of stayed longer than I thought I was in and out a lot). Uncle Gary lead us in prayer and then they had to go.
The nurse came in 2 times that I can remember to move me and to slow down the drip. I really didn’t know why. Then the doctor came in and placed an internal heart monitor on Kentin’s head. It wasn’t until about an hour later when the doctor came in that I realized something was wrong. They told me that my contractions were to strong and long and were making Kentin’s heart rate drop. They had to stop my labor a few times just to get his heart rate back up. After explaining to me what was going on the doctor said that I had made it to 9 cm. Then she said that one word that made my heart drop. BUT with the way things are going a c-section is the safest way to deliver. I started crying, this was the one thing I didn’t want. I was scared to death. I was worried about the baby and scared b/c it was major surgery. It wasn’t 2 min after she told me I was having a c-section that I was wheeled into the OR. They upped my epidural and got started. Everything was going great until they were starting to close up. I started feeling pain, my medicine was wearing off. So they went to push more in and the syringe wouldn’t budge. She had to tell them to stop until she could get me something. She worked on the syringe for a bit then just asked if I wanted to go to sleep. So she gave me something that made me sleepy.
When they got me back to my room Bubby and Becca had made it. Christon said that he was 6lbs 4oz. And 18 ¼ inch long and he had his nose and lots of black hair. The next few days was terrible. I had a hard time controlling my pain. The worse was getting in and out of bed. The great thing was Kentin got to stay in the room with us. They came and got him each morning to do his vitals and brought him right back. They have this great thing that all the babies wear on there legs that if they go so far it will lock down the doors and elevators.
We got to come home a day early and I was so ready. With a c-section I had a few restrictions. I couldn’t drive, pick up anything heavier than Kentin and a few other things but those were the most important. Bubby, Becca, and lil mac were at the house when we got here. Lil mac watched Christon carry the car seat in and just looked at it real hard. Christon sit him down it the floor and lil mac looked at the car seat and said “Baby”. We just laughed. She wanted me to pick her up but I couldn’t b/c she was to big. She was so mad at me.
Well Kentin is waking up for his 1am bottle I have to go. I will update soon. PROMISE.

4 comments:

Laurie Keen said...

A day I will never forget! I about started to cry just thinking about that day when I read this! You forgot to put Jason & Tiffany was there too! Also don't forget to change your heading....you are not just me & Zeek anymore! lol Luv ya!

Dawn Overton said...

Sounds like you had some scares but I am very glad to hear all turned out okay and you and Baby are all doing Great!! Congrats on everything!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad things turned out good! He is so precious!!!! Congrats!!!

Carol said...

What a wonderful day that was!! All of us grandma's were a nervous wreck! But he is here and he is beautiful! As soon as I am over all my sickness I will be over to do some spoiling that I have not gotten to do yet!!
luv,
momma carol