Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A car accident, 2 b-day parties, and a doctor appointment.....

This past 2 wks haven't been the best. Last week seemed to never end and the weekend was just so tiring, but I survived.



Last week was so draining. I just felt like I could not get anything done. We had seven new evals last week and once I got one done Brad would bring me another one. By Wed. afternoon I was looking forward to Thurs. afternoon to get some things done while I was here alone. Needless to say I didn't make it to work on Thur.
Thursday morning I wrecked my truck on the way to work. The rain made the road slick and I fish tailed and landed on a concrete culvert. I am fine but my truck isn't. There wasn't one thing underneath it that wasn't broke. I wasn't hurt (thank God) but to make myself feel better I went on up to the hospital and got checked out. They monitored me and the baby for an hour and sent us home. We got back into town and went by the shop to look at the truck. I didn't want to look at it but decided to anyway. I was so mad at myself. The longer I looked at it the madder I got. I just sit there and cried. Jason and Christon was laughing at me but I didn't care....that was MY truck. We met with the insurance woman Friday and she wrote us a check. So we are going truck shopping this Friday.

Saturday was Mackenzie's 1st birthday. Becca picked me up that morning and we went and got everything for the party. We got the community center decorated and went over to mom and dad's to get Mackenzie. They had a great turn out. She wouldn't open any of her gifts herself Becca had to do it all. She just wanted to play with them. Then we had cake. Mackenzie ate hers and had fun. After I was worn out. I had Becca take me and a load of stuff home. She went back and her, Karen, and Emily finished cleaning and I stayed at the house getting toys out of there boxes. There were all kinds, thank God she got a toy box from her Mamaw Mary. After they got home Becca gave Mackenzie a bath and we played with her toys. It wasn't long after she was ready for a nap. She was asleep in no time. After Bubby got home me, him, Becca, Emily, and Mackenzie went to town and ate at Garcia's. They took me home and I went to bed.

Sunday I slept in a lil. Christon's mom came over and finished painting the baby's room. I had another birthday party to go to. So I got ready and headed to Provo. Riah's 1st birthday party was at Mykel's parent's house. They had all kinds of food so we ate and played with the kids. Riah enjoyed her birthday cake. After cake we watched a slide show while gifts were open. Mykel had to open them all b/c Riah was to busy dancing, it was cute. After gifts we went to mom and dad's. Karen had papers to grade and Becca had a test to study for so me and Emily took Mackenzie down to the river to ride the combine with Bubby. I was only able to ride a lil while. I just couldn't get comfortable and Mackenzie was getting sleepy. So I got off and Emily road some with Bubby. We rode up with dad in the grain truck.
Mom cooked veggie soup and everyone came over. Mom and dad gave the girls there gifts. They got them both John Deere riding toys that opens up to a farm scene with animals. We got home about 9pm.

Jill and I made an adventure to Nashville yesterday for my prenatal check up. Everything went well. I was unable to do the 3 hour sugar test so now I have check my blood sugar 4 times a day. Once when I get up, and then 2 hours after I eat each meal. I have to keep record of it and turn it in at my next appointment. I did have an ultrasound and everything looked great. We even got to see that he has hair, he weighs about 4 lbs now and all the measurement came back great. We went and ate at Red Lobster and headed home. We got back in town about 3:30. Then mom picked me up at Jill's house and we headed to Bowling Green. I went with them to get Emily's outfit for homecoming. I thought we were never going to find anything. Finally we found what she wanted at Dillard's. We went and ate at Fazoli's and then went to Shoe Carnival. She had to get a pair of boots to go with her outfit. I was ready to go home but happy we were going to Shoe Carnival b/c I needed some black dress shoes. I found me a pair of Clark's. I wasn't to happy with the price but I really needed them. We made our last stop at Wal-Mart, a trip to BG is not complete with out a stop at Wal-Mart. I was very proud of myself. I went into Wal-Mart and came out with NOTHING....LOL. Christon and mom were impressed....LOL. I finally got home a lil before 10pm and crashed.

Well hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I have to get to work.

No comments: